Nine Knobbe Martens Partners Recognized as Among World’s Leading IP Strategists
IRVINE, CALIF., October 2, 2023 – Knobbe Martens is pleased to announce that Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine has recognized nine partners for their exceptional skill sets and profound insights into IP work, in the 2023 edition of the IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists guide.
The annual list identifies the individuals who are leading the way in the development and implementation of strategies that maximize the value of intellectual property (IP) portfolios. Honorees are primarily identified through confidential nominations and interviews with senior members of the global IP community.
The Knobbe Martens partners selected for the 2023 guide include:
- Dan Altman, whose practice focuses on patent protection, licensing issues and strategic client counseling for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and chemical industries. Dan also directs the firm’s international department.
- Maria Anderson, who has extensive experience in comprehensive, strategic client counseling in all aspects of intellectual property – particularly in the computer science, cloud computing and AI fields. With three decades’ experience in the procurement and defense of patent assets in these fields, she is a thought leader with respect to patent subject matter eligibility.
- Tom Cowan, who co-chairs the firm’s Mechanical Engineering Practice Group, and serves clients worldwide in patent prosecution and strategy in the aerospace, medical device, and mechanical industries. Tom is a former aerospace engineer, with experience at NASA and Northrop Grumman, and he holds degrees in aerospace and biomedical engineering.
- Jarom Kesler, Jarom Kesler who provides strategic guidance on high value patent portfolios, trade secret protection, infringement and invalidity issues, acquisition due diligence and intellectual property licensing matters. Jarom has particular expertise in the area of portfolio management in view of contentious proceedings.
- Irfan Lateef, who co-heads the firm’s Electrical, Semiconductor & Computer Technology Litigation committee and also leads the firm’s Japan practice. Lateef’s practice focuses on technically complex and strategic patent litigation.
- Robert Roby, managing partner of the firm’s New York office, who has significant experience advising clients in all aspects of IP including patents, trademarks, domain names, copyrights, trade secrets, rights of publicity, and false advertising. Robb advises clients across a full range of industries including fashion and beauty, medical device, aerospace, automotive and power sport technologies.
- Harnik Shukla, who specializes in securing high-value patents that have been litigated, consistently achieving successful outcomes for his clients. He has played a pivotal role in crafting strategic patent portfolios that have been instrumental in securing funding rounds for startups, with a particular focus on the wearable medical device industry.
- Vlad Teplitskiy, advises clients on strategic patent procurement, patent portfolio management, licensing, and foreign protection. Vlad advises clients in the medical devices, electronics, communications, computer, information technology, artificial intelligence, semiconductors, and healthcare industries.
- Mauricio Uribe, partner in the electrical engineering and software/IT practice group. Mauricio’s practice is focused on patent prosecution and portfolio development for software, electrical and telecommunication technologies, as well as standards essential patent licensing.
About Knobbe Martens
Knobbe Martens is one of the most highly respected intellectual property law firms, offering all aspects of intellectual property and technology law. The firm’s litigation group handles cases throughout the U.S. and coordinates strategy for disputes worldwide. Founded in California in 1962, the firm has about 300 lawyers and scientists based in offices located in Orange County, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C. Knobbe Martens serves a diverse international client base, from multinational corporations to emerging businesses of all stages. More information about the firm can be found at www.knobbe.com.