Ms. Anderson joined the firm as a partner in the Seattle office in January 2008. Ms. Anderson has extensive experience in comprehensive, strategic client counseling in all aspects of intellectual property. She has been very active in the prosecution of patent applications in the computer science and ecommerce fields since 1993.
Ms. Anderson has extensive experience in developing patent and trademark portfolios and developing patent and trademark assets. Ms. Anderson also provides patent and trademark clearance analysis and advice for a wide variety of products and services. She also counsels clients on patentability and infringement matters and develops comprehensive intellectual property programs for pre-litigation, licensing and enforcement purposes.
Ms. Anderson has received multiple awards and has been honored in both national and international forums for her legal accomplishments:
- Named one of the "World's Leading Patent Professionals" in the Patent 1000 guide by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine (2012 - 2021) with individual recognition in both transactions and prosecution categories. In the 2021 guide, she was noted for her "finely cultivated understanding of patents and brands"
- Recognized as a Patent Star in Managing IP's "IP Stars" Guide for her outstanding intellectual property legal work (2013 - 2021)
- Named to the inaugural selection of IAM Strategy 300 Global Leaders Guide (2021), which features “leading figures in the IP world drawn from in-house, private practice, service providers and beyond"
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for her work in Patent Law and Trademark Law (2016 - 2021)
- Named in "IP Stars - Top 250 Women in IP" by Managing Intellectual Property (MIP) (2013 and 2014)
- Named as Washington Law & Politics "Rising Star", 2002-2003 (2002 Featured Rising Star)
- Named as Washington Law & Politics "Super Lawyer" (2004 - 2007)
- Named as Washington Law & Politics "Top 40 Intellectual Property Super Lawyer" (2007 and 2008)
- Recipient of King County Washington "Women Lawyers President's Award" (1997)
Co-author, "Strategies for Obtaining Patents on AI Inventions in the U.S. and Europe," insideBIGDATA (March 2019)
Co-author, "Even Non-Obvious Patent Claims May Lack Inventive Concepts," Knobbe Martens Section 101 Blog (December 2017)
Co-author, "Effectively Developing IP Assets," Business Law Newsletter, Business Law Section of the Washington State Bar Association, Volume 37, Number 1 (Spring 2016)
Speeches & Seminars
Moderator, "Strategically and Cost-Effectively Managing Your Patent Portfolio in a New Era of USPTO Activism," 2nd Annual IP Strategy Summit, February 2016 (Seattle, WA)
Panelist, "Information Technology and Biotechnology Breakout Session: New Pieces to the Patent Puzzle," IP Impact - Silicon Valley Seminar, November 2014 (Palo Alto, CA)
Moderator, "Panel Discussion of the Supreme Court Decision in Alice v. CLS Bank," Washington State Patent Law Association (WSPLA) CLE Lunch, September 2014 (Seattle, WA)
Panelist, "Post-Grant Proceedings under the America Invents Act," Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association (LAIPLA) “Washington in the West” Conference, January 2013 (Los Angeles, CA)
Panelist, "Strategic Implications of the America Invents Act," IP Impact - Silicon Valley Seminar, October 2011 (Menlo Park, CA)