Knobbe Martens - Seattle
925 Fourth Ave.
Seattle, WA 98104
On Tuesday, January 26, Knobbe Martens will host "Secrets & Walkthroughs to Protecting and Defending Your Game's IP", at the Knobbe Martens Seattle Office.
Developing a video game often requires a substantial investment in time, money, and other resources. Please join Knobbe Martens for an interactive discussion about how your studio can help protect and grow the value of your video game including:
- How to identify the various types of intellectual property inherent in your game;
- What legal strategies and associated costs may be best to protect your game’s intellectual property and further your business goals; and
- Translating your game’s intellectual property into a marketable asset through effective marketing and licensing deals.
Additionally, industry experts will share their insights and answer questions from the audience regarding legal pitfalls of developing and selling video games including:
- Challenges related to acquisition by a publisher or another studio;
- Recognizing and managing third-party intellectual property risks;
- Detecting and stopping potential infringement of your intellectual property;
- Obstacles to using open source content in your games;
- Data privacy issues that can impact your games and your business; and
- Ensuring that employees, testers, contractors, and others do not have a claim to your game’s intellectual property.
Featured panelists include:
- Tina Bondy - Director, Senior Corporate Counsel, IP and Commercial, Big Fish Games
- Sarah Leung - VP & Associate General Counsel, Big Fish Games
- Nick Morgan - Xbox Studios Product Attorney, Microsoft Corp.
A continental breakfast will be served and CLE credit will be available for Washingtona and California. To register for this event, please contact Olivia Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org.