University of California, Irvine
4100 Calit2 Building
Irvine, CA 92697
Partner Michael Guiliana will be moderating an exciting session titled “Venture Science: Crossing Disciplines, Creating Innovation” on November 27, 2012, at the Calit2 Building Auditorium at the University of California, Irvine.
Moving fundamental research from the lab to the commercial marketplace requires a major team effort that crosses disciplinary boundaries. Nowhere is "venture science" more beneficial than at the intersection of science, medicine and technology. Learn how these bold collaborations are producing innovative solutions to society's challenges.
Join us to:
- Discover the transformative power of team science;
- Learn how a UCI collaboration could impact the introduction of new drugs to the marketplace;
- Meet another partnership that is creating cutting-edge, personalized rehabilitation tools;
- See how UCI connects researchers with clinicians to test novel biomedical solutions in the community;
- Hear why industry executives value employees with cross-disciplinary experience.
5:00 pm Registration, Calit2 Building Atrium
5:30 pm Presentations, Calit2 Building Auditorium
7:00 pm Moderated Q & A session with audience, Calit2 Building Auditorium
7:30 pm Networking Dinner, Calit2 Building Atrium
Dan Stokols, Planning, Policy and Design Professor, UCI School of Social Ecology
Steve George, Biomedical Engineering Professor and Director of UCI's Edwards Lifesciences for Advanced Cardiovascular Technology Center
Stanton Rowe, Corporate Vice President for Advanced Technology, Edwards Lifesciences
Visit www.calit2.uci.edu for registration details.