Vladimir Lozan represents clients in the US and internationally in a variety intellectual property and technology law matters including worldwide portfolio management and strategic planning, preparation and prosecution of (utility and design) patent and trademark applications, post-grant proceedings, licensing, due diligence, enforcement, litigation support, and counseling.
Before joining the firm, Vlad worked as a design engineer for Chevron Products Co. His other professional experiences through various internships include accounting, information technology, and stock market analysis.
Technologies representative of Vlad's practice include the following:
- Automotive, Transportation & Power Sports technologies, including advanced engine and vehicle controls, vehicle suspension, transmissions, tires and wheels, haptic communication devices, electric motors, and aviation communication and deployment devices.
- Electronics & Semiconductor technologies, including control systems for phase change memory, manufacture of nanostructures, camera systems, electronic device assembly and casing, electronic device protective shells with auxiliary power, wearable technology including movement sensors, and electronic access control systems.
- Facility Management & Control technologies, including advanced power plant cycles and modeling facilities/plants including 3D virtualization with enterprise-wide database integration.
- Facility Piping & Valve technologies, including throttle valves, piping insulation, bath/spa controls and configurations.
- Food & Beverage technologies, including lightweighting, structural integrity, and usability of packaging.
- Green technologies, including irrigation devices, advanced heating and cooling systems for conventional, hybrid, and electric vehicles, individual or multi-zone conditioning systems, and thermal management for electronic devices.
- Manufacturing, Construction & Home Improvement technologies, including automated production line press devices, saws, formliners, compactors, screeders, hose and wire management, furniture, pool/spa water circulation and cleaning, and 3D printing.
- Medical Device technologies, including prosthetics, rehabilitation, oxygen/positive pressure therapy, orthodontics, adhesives and dispensing devices, infusion devices, and minimally invasive or noninvasive monitoring and procedures including percutaneous access and spectroscopic analysis.
- Sporting Goods & Recreation technologies, including pool aesthetics and management, exercise machines, and electric vehicles.
During law school, Vlad was a summer institute teaching assistant for CASRIP, the UW Center for the Advanced Study & Research on Intellectual Property. He completed a clerkship with the UW Division of the Attorney General of Washington. He also served as an articles editor for Washington Law Review and treasurer for Technology Law Society.
Vlad was a summer associate in 2010, joined the firm as an associate in 2011, and became a partner in 2018.