Melanie Seelig joined the firm as a partner in the Seattle office in January 2008. She has extensive experience in comprehensive client counseling and management in all aspects of intellectual property, including U.S. and international patent and trademark prosecution, copyright prosecution, trade secret matters, enforcement and agreement work involving all areas of intellectual property and due diligence related to mergers and acquisitions. Melanie has extensive experience providing patent landscape analyses as well as infringement, validity and clearance analyses and opinions.
Melanie has also assisted clients in the development of comprehensive intellectual property programs involving both the procurement of IP assets and generation of corresponding enforcement programs. From a technology standpoint, her broad physics and mathematics background has provided her with the opportunity to offer intellectual property counseling spanning a wide range of technical art areas in the mechanical, electrical, healthcare, medical, telecommunications, and computer software fields.
Ms. Seelig has received multiple awards and has been honored in both national and international forums for her legal accomplishments:
- Selected by peers for inclusion in the The Best Lawyers in America® for her work in patent law and trademark law (2016-2020)
- Named one of the "World's Leading Patent Professionals" in the Patent 1000 guide by Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) magazine for Prosecution (2014-2019). In the 2019 guide, she was recognized as a “pathfinder for her clients whose rigorous analysis of competitive threats – and dexterity neutralising them – creates long-term business value”.
- Named as Washington Law & Politics Super Lawyer, 2004 and 2005
- Board of Regents Scholar, Illinois State University, 1994
- Robert G. Bone Scholar, Illinois State University, 1994
- Departmental Honors in Physics and Mathematics, Illinois State University, 1994
- University Honors Scholar, Illinois State University, 1994
- Presidential Scholar, Illinois State University 1990-1994