Joseph F. Jennings is a litigation partner in the firm’s Orange County office.
Mr. Jennings represents various clients in all type of intellectual-property disputes, including those involving patents, trademarks, trade-secrets, and related unfair competition claims. His primary emphasis is handling patent cases. He has represented clients in district courts throughout the country and before the United States Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. He has also represented clients in connection with international disputes involving litigation in jurisdictions throughout the world. His cases have involved a vast array of technologies and products, including chemicals, pharmaceuticals, semiconductor processing, optics, thin film technology, medical devices, and surgical procedures.
Mr. Jennings has been an Adjunct Professor at Chapman University Law School where he taught Patent Litigation. He is also a member of several professional groups and a past Board Member of the Association of Business Trial Lawyers.
Mr. Jennings is also active in the community as a volunteer with various youth sports programs and has served as a Board Member for the Newport Beach Little League since 2002 and President since 2011.
Mr. Jennings joined the firm in 1991 and became a partner in 1996.
- Selected to the 2018 - 2022 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® for his work in Patent Litigation
- Selected for inclusion in the 2017 - 2021 "Southern California Super Lawyers" list by Super Lawyers magazine for his work in intellectual property litigation
- Ranked Top 10 Best Performing IPR Attorney - Patexia 2018 IPR Intelligence Report
- Recognized in The Legal 500 "United States 2015" as being an outstanding practitioner. In this guide, he was noted for securing $35 million and a significant competitor license for start-up company KFx Medical
- Named to the Daily Journal's list of the Top Intellectual Property Attorneys in 2014 and 2015, where he was recognized among the Top 75 Intellectual Property Litigators. The Daily Journal selects attorneys for inclusion on its list based on a number of criteria, including hundreds of nominations and staff selections, along with each nominee's major intellectual property successes over the last year