Charlene Azema counsels clients in domestic and international trademark and copyright portfolio management, including clearance, prosecution, licensing and enforcement.
Charlene represents clients in several industries including fashion and apparel, food and beverage, entertainment, technology and electronic devices, medical devices and services, chips and semiconductors, consumer goods, and restaurant services, among many others.
She received her law degree from UCLA School of Law and her Masters in Business Administration from UCLA Anderson School of Management. Prior to her graduate education, Charlene received a bachelor degree with honors in Biology from UCLA in 2007.
Honorable S. James Otero, Central District of California
Knobbe Martens Fashion & Beauty Blog
- Mask on and Gloves Off: Supplier Accused of Price Gouging While Masquerading as Authorized Distributor of 3M Products
- NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo Euro-Steps into Federal Court
- Misleading Ads are Not a Jeweler's Best Friend: The FTC's Crackdown on Diamond Ads
- The Crown Jewels: How to Protect Your Jewelry Designs
- When Plaid Goes Bad - Burberry Files Infringement Suit Against Target Over Burberry's Iconic Plaid Design
- How Does the Supreme Court's Recent Ruling on Incontinence Products Spill Over into Fashion?
Does Louis Vuitton Lack a Sense of Humor? The Parody Defense Is No Laughing Matter for Brand Owners - Article republished in World Trademark Review Daily (January 25, 2017) and The Licensing Journal (April 2017)
Charlene Azema, Jonathan Hyman, Loni Morrow, "If The IP Fits, Wear It: IP Protection for Footwear - A U.S. Perspective," The Trademark Reporter (The Law Journal of the International Trademark Association), Vol. 108, No. 3 (May-June 2018)
Charlene Azema, Jonathan Hyman, "My Other Bag - No Ordinary Bag," The Licensing Journal (May 2017)
Lynda Zadra-Symes, Charlene Azema, David Dremann, Loni Schutte, Paul Famiglietti, "Kluwer Copyright Law Smart Charts," Wolters Kluwer (2013, 2014)
Susan M. Natland and Charlene Azema, “Madrid Protocol Registrations not insulated from petition to cancel based on abandonment”, World Trademark Review Daily (October 30, 2012)
Speeches & Seminars
Presenter, 2017 Women’s Jewelry Association Los Angeles “In The Know: Business 101” Seminar (May 2017)