37 Knobbe Martens Attorneys Named Among “Best Lawyers” in 2023 Guide
Irvine, Calif., Thursday, August 18, 2022 Knobbe Martens is pleased to announce that The Best Lawyers in America has named 17 of the firm’s partners to its 2023 edition, an increase of five from last year, and recognized 20 additional attorneys in its “Ones to Watch” category. Additionally, partner Joseph Re was once again named “Lawyer of the Year.”
Best Lawyers highlights exceptional legal talent in numerous practice areas based on the consensus opinions of leading lawyers within the same legal practice and geographical area. Analysts drew on millions of detailed surveys and compared the accomplishments of approximately 70,000 attorneys to determine honorees for the 2023 list.
This year’s honorees and their practice areas include:
- Maria Anderson: Information Technology Law, Patent Law, Technology Law, Trademark Law
- Matthew Bellinger: Intellectual Property Litigation, Trademark Law
- Carol Pitzel Cruz: Patent Litigation
- John Grover: Intellectual Property Litigation
- Jon Gurka: Intellectual Property Litigation
- Catherine Holland: Trademark Law
- Joseph Jennings: Patent Litigation
- Steven Nataupsky: Intellectual Property Litigation, Patent Litigation
- Joseph Re: Intellectual Property Litigation, Patent Litigation, Patent Law
- Melanie Seelig: Patent Law, Trademark Law
- John Sganga: Appellate Practice, Copyright Law, Intellectual Property Litigation, Patent Litigation, Patent Law, Trade Secrets Law, Trademark Law
- Craig Summers: Intellectual Property Litigation
- Sheila Swaroop: Intellectual Property Litigation, Patent Litigation
- Lynda Zadra-Symes: Intellectual Property Litigation, Trademark Law
- Joseph Reisman Ph.D.: Intellectual Property Litigation, Patent Litigation, Patent Law
- Mauricio Uribe: Information Technology Law, Patent Law, Technology Law
- William Zimmerman: Intellectual Property Litigation
In addition, Joseph Re was named “Lawyer of the Year” for the fifth time in the Patent Law category. “Lawyer of the Year” honorees are lawyers with the highest overall peer feedback for a specific practice area and geographic region.
In the “Best Lawyers: One to Watch” category, 20 Knobbe Martens attorneys were honored as among those early in their careers who have demonstrated professional excellence in private practice.
The attorneys recognized include: Jessica Achtsam, Charlene Azema, Justin Gillett, Damien Howard, Chang Lim, Jason Swartz, Heungsoo Choi, Thomas Cowan, Jane Dai Ph.D., Aaron Davis, Peter Law, Mark Marsden, Adam Powell, Scott Forbes, Christie Matthaei, Bryan McWhorter, Jacob Peterson, Nathan Reeves, Andrea Cheek, and Andrew Morrell, Ph.D.
About Knobbe Martens
Knobbe Martens is a highly respected intellectual property law firm, offering legal services in all aspects of intellectual property and technology law. The firm’s litigation group handles cases throughout the U.S. and coordinates strategy for disputes worldwide. Founded in California in 1962, the firm has about 300 lawyers and scientists based in offices located in Orange County, Los Angeles, New York, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle and Washington D.C. Knobbe Martens serves a diverse international client base, from multinational corporations to emerging businesses of all stages. More information about the firm can be found at www.knobbe.com.