Sean S. Kim is an associate in the firm’s Orange County office. He practices intellectual property law with emphasis on patent prosecution, due diligence, and portfolio management in the mechanical and medical device practice areas.
Sean received his Bachelor’s Degree in General Engineering from Harvey Mudd College and attended University of Illinois College of Law. During law school, Sean served as a president of Asian American Law Students Association and as a production editor of Journal of Law, Technology & Policy. Prior to law school, he worked for a start-up company that designed and manufactured fuel cells and a wafer manufacturing equipment company.
Medical Device Blogs
- Philips Acquires Biotelemetry for $2.8B
- Exact Sciences Acquires Paradigm and Viomics
- Apple Watch Receives Clearance from FDA as an Over-the-Counter ECG-monitoring Device
- FDA Approval for Auris' Robotic Endoscopy Platform
- Boston Scientific Announces Acquisition of EMcision
- FDA Clears New Surgery Infection Control System
- Importance of the Article of Manufacture for Determining Design Claim Scope
- To Limit or Not to Limit: What Is the Basis of Your Prior Art Distinction During Prosecution?
- Federal Circuit Affirms Use of Common Sense for Obviousness Determination
- Stay of District Court Proceedings Followed by a Voluntary Dismissal Is Not a Final Court Decision Under 35 U.S.C. § 285
- No Appeal of PTAB’s Final Decision by Appealing a District Court’s Adoption of That Decision
- Federal Circuit Rejects Written Description Analysis That Ignored Relevant Factors
- ATI TECHNOLOGIES ULC v. IANCU
- LAERDAL MEDICAL CORP. V. ITC
- ZUP, LLC. v. NASH MANUFACTURING, INC.
- RANIERE v. MICROSOFT CORPORATION