John M. Grover is a partner in our Orange County office.
Mr. Grover represents clients in a variety of intellectual property matters including patent prosecution, patent portfolio administration and strategic planning, patent and software licensing, development agreements, opinion work, patent assertion strategies, and litigation. He counsels clients engaged in a wide variety of technologies, including at least the following.
- Medical Device Technologies, including patient monitors such as pulse oximeters, co-oximeters, depth of consciousness monitors, respiration monitors, blood pressure monitors, minimally invasive obesity treatment devices, and electrosurgery tools and generators.
- Medical Software Technologies, including health records management systems and clinical trial management systems.
- GPS Navigation Technologies.
- Consumer Electronic Technologies.
- Green Technologies, including water management controllers, irrigation devices and controllers, and vertical windmills.
- Outdoor Lighting Control Technologies.
- Semiconductor Technologies, including microprocessor/microcontroller design and simulation.
- Computer Software and Hardware Technologies, including mobile computing and information systems, signal processing systems, document management systems, database replication systems, gaming systems, and all manner of Internet or online processes and e-commerce systems.
- Outdoor Sporting Technologies and Apparel, including boating technologies, personal watercraft technologies, fitness technologies, swimwear and snowmobile/motorcycle apparel technologies and branding, golf equipment, and knee braces.
Mr. Grover has been involved in matters before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, various District Courts, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and the European Patent Office.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Grover worked as a patent examiner for the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in the area of speech recognition and processing. He also worked as a computer programmer, Internet webpage designer, and served in the United States Marine Corps.
Mr. Grover joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2005.