Albert Sueiras is an associate in the Orange County office of Knobbe Martens.
Albert represents clients in a wide spectrum of intellectual property matters and counsels clients in a variety of technologies, including those associated with critical care medical devices, infusion technologies, vascular access devices, neural-auditory stimulation, topical wound therapy, and athletic/sporting outerwear and consumer products, among other areas. His work includes both utility and design patent portfolio management and strategic planning, international and domestic patent prosecution, competitive landscape analysis, opinion work, and active assertion and defensive strategies.
Albert received bachelor's and master's degrees in Biomedical Engineering from the University of Miami and the University of Florida, respectively. He received his J.D. from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he was a member of Phi Delta Phi. During law school, Albert externed at the United States Patent and Trademark Office within Art Unit 3733, focusing on patent examination of orthopedic surgical instrumentation. Albert also participated in a patent prosecution externship at Banyan Biomarkers, Inc. in Alachua, Florida, a firm specializing in the discovery of biomarkers for traumatic brain injury and neurotoxicity.
Albert worked as a summer associate at the firm in 2015 and joined the firm in 2016.
Author, KnobbeMedical.com Blog
- Medical Device Company Pleads Guilty to Dealing in Non-FDA Approved Devices
- FDA & DHS Coordinate Efforts to Address Cybersecurity
- Alere Settles False Claims Act Allegations for $33 Million
- Excelsius GPSTM: Globus Medical Receives 510(k) Clearance for Robotic Surgery Platform
- Confirm Rx: Abbott Receives CE Mark for Smartphone Compatible ICM
- “World’s Smallest Pacemaker” Experiences Sizeable Success
- FDA’s Expedited Access Program: A Year in Review