Aaron S. Johnson is an associate in the firm’s Orange County office. His practice includes patent prosecution, IP litigation, and due diligence. Aaron represents clients in a wide range of technologies including medical devices and patient monitoring technologies, automotive accessories, consumer products, and construction products.
Aaron received his Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of California, Irvine. Aaron later received his Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley, specifically within the Structural Engineering, Mechanics, and Materials Department (SEMM). Aaron’s master’s thesis involved research and analysis of seismic base isolation systems. While at UC Berkeley, Aaron worked as a graduate student instructor for first-year students majoring in mechanical and civil engineering. After graduating, Aaron worked as a structural engineer and earned his professional engineer license.
Aaron earned his law degree from the University of California, Irvine, where he served as a teaching assistant for a first-year Lawyering Skills course and as a Research Editor on the UC Irvine Law Review. Aaron also worked at the UCI Intellectual Property, Arts, and Technology Clinic.
Mr. Johnson worked as a summer associate in 2016 before joining the firm as an associate in 2017.
Medical Device Blog
- Preamble Found Limiting Where It Supplied Antecedent Basis for Other Claim Limitations
- IPR Petitioners May Not Raise Appointments Clause Challenges Under Arthrex
- Non-Expert Testimony on Obviousness Is Inadmissible
- Parroting Language of Venue Statute Is Not Enough to Avoid Dismissal
- OMEGA PATENTS, LLC v. CALAMP CORP.
- ENPLAS DISPLAY DEVICE CORP. v. SEOUL SEMICONDUCTOR CO.
- BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL., INC. v. AQUESTIVE THERAPEUTICS, INC.
- SUMITOMO DAINIPPON PHARMA CO. v. EMCURE PHARMACEUTICALS