1321 Commerce Street
Dallas, TX 75202
Knobbe Martens attorneys Bill Bunker, Sabing Lee, Rabi Narula and Allyson Brown will be speaking at the IBA World Life Science Conference on May 1-3, 2013 at The Adolphus hotel in Dallas, Texas. Bill Bunker is the Conference Chair of the IBA Intellectual Property and Entertainment Law Committee.
This conference is uniquely placed to focus on the critical legal issues facing the life sciences industries. The law – and especially IP, business law, and regulatory matters – crosses over the complex science and technological borders which define these industries and provides a background for in-depth analysis of the emerging issues and trends. Armed with the insights of industry CEOs, Business Development Executives, General Counsel and Private Practitioners, this unique event will take a hard look at where the industry will be in five and ten years’ time.
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice or in house counsel, C-level officers, and venture capitalists having an interest in IP, regulatory, and financial issues facing the pharmaceutical, biotech, healthcare, medical device and medical IT industries.
Session topics include:
- 5/10 trend panel – what are the emerging life sciences business models and what will they look like in five years and ten years from now?
- The rise of ‘Robin Hoodism’ – Recent trends in compulsory licensing, patent rights and access to healthcare
- Are you buying or selling? IP due diligence for life science companies and best practices for evaluating and developing a worldwide IP strategy
- Regulatory challenges and current trends
- Tech transfer tactics – licensing in the academic and commercial worlds
The conference will also feature panelists:
- Dimitrios Angelis General Counsel, Wockhardt Pharmaceuticals, Parsippany, New Jersey
- David Gilman Managing Director, Frankel Group, New York
- Mark Gorman Associate General Counsel IP, Smith & Nephew, Memphis, Tennessee
- Alisa Harbin Global Head of IP Litigation, Novartis, Basel
- Jim Hopkins CEO, Certara, Dallas, Texas
- Dr Terry Parlett National Health Service, London
- Peter Rule CEO, Optiscan Biomedical, Hayward, California
- Roberto A Vargas Senior Corporate Counsel for IP Enforcement, Pfizer Inc., New York
To view the full agenda, pricing and for more information, please visit the IBA World Life Science Conference Website.